What is Academic Coaching?
Academic coaching is a service for students who want to improve their academic and self-management skills, such as time management, organization, test taking and other study skills. REACH offers this support to help students achieve their academic goals along with self-advocacy and independent, life-long learning. The plan and content of each individual coaching session is determined by the student and the coach to identify the student's unique learning strengths, develop individual plans for academic support, and promote self-confidence and independence. All undergraduate students at the University of Louisville are eligible to participate in Academic Coaching. All sessions are conducted by appointment and are confidential.
Potential Coaching Topics
Using the Study Cycle
All academic coaching sessions are by appointment only.
How to Sign Up for an Academic Coaching Appointment
- Visit https://reachtutor.louisville.edu
- Sign in with your UofL Microsoft Login Credentials (ex. email@example.com) and your UofL password if prompted
- Complete the Student Consent for Text Alerts prompt after signing in
- Look for the Schedule Academic Coaching Appointment
- Either choose Find first available immediately or select Chose a Date and Center
- Next Select an Academic Coaching Topic (Ex. Academic Coaching - Academic Anxiety).
- The system will then show you the appointments that are available for that topic.
- Select the time you would like to meet each week
- Some availability will allow you to choose between online or in-person tutoring. If that is an option be sure to select the Is Online checkbox
- Click Confirm.
- You will receive a email confirmation and receive reminders by email and text messaging if you opted in for text alerts.