- ACTP Tutor of the Year Award 2018, 2014, 2011, 2009
- 2009 ACTP Tutoring Program Award of Excellence
- 2011 - 2026 CRLA Master Tutor Training Certification (Levels 1- 3)
- 2006 - 2011 College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) Tutor Training Certification (Levels 1-2)
- 2000 – 2020 International Center of Supplemental Instruction Certification
- 2020 LSCHE/NCLCA Website Excellence Award- 1st Place
- 2019 Gates Foundation / Global Silicon Valley Thought Leader Program
- 2017 NCLCA Learning Center Leadership Certification level 4 (lifetime), Geoff Bailey
- 2017 NCLCA Innovative Technology Award (REACH Hackademic Series, Mark Woolwine)
- 2016 UofL TRIO Student Support Services Supporter of the Year award, Geoff Bailey
- NCLCA/LSCHE (National College Learning Center Association / Learning Support Centers in Higher Education) Website of Excellence award 2006 (2nd), 2008 (3rd), 2009 (2nd), and 2010 (3rd)
- 2003 UofL Disability Resource Center Outstanding Service Award (REACH)
Bailey, G. K. (2020). Comprehensive learning center assistance strategies for dealing with unprecidented change during COVID-19. The Learning Assistance Review, 25(Special Edition), 3-18.
Bailey, G. K. (2018). The value of accreditation for learning centers and their programs. NADE Digest, 9(2), 14-15.
Hieb, J. L., Lyle, K. B., Ralson, P. A. S., & Chariker, J. (2015). Predicting performance in a first engineering calculus course: Implications for interventions. International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology, 46(1), 40-55. DOI: 10.1080/0020739X.2014.936976.
Hohmann, J. W., & Grillo, M. C. (2014). Using critical thinking rubrics to increase academic performance. Journal of College Reading and Learning, 45, 35-51. DOI: 10.1080/10790195.2014.949551
Leist, C. W., Woolwine, M. A., & Bays, C. L. (2012). The effects of using a critical thinking scoring rubric to assess undergraduate students’ reading skills. Journal of College Reading and Learning, 43(1), 31-58.
Lewine, R., Manley, K., Bailey, G., Warnecke, A., Davis, D., & Sommers, A. (2019). College success among students from disadvantaged backgrounds: “Poor” and “rural” do not spell failure. Journal of College Student Retention: Research, Theory, and Practice, 0(0), 1-13. DOI: 10.1177/1521025119868438.
McCoy, M. R. (2018). Holistic approaches to advising students on academic probation. NACADA Academic Advising Today. Retrieved from https://www.nacada.ksu.edu/Resources/Academic-Advising-Today/View-Articles/Holistic-Approaches-to-Advising-Students-on-Academic-Probation.aspx
McCoy, M. R. (2016). Promoting student and tutor success: Adapting writing center observation theory to best practices for general subject tutor observations. Synergy Online Journal, 9. Retrieved from https://www.myatp.org/synergy-volume-9/
Woolwine, M. (February 2019). Using gamification to improve student success. National College Learning Center Association newsletter (email version).