Registering for the Accuplacer Next-Gen Reading Exam
Students whose scores on the ACCUPLACER Next Generation Reading exam are less than 244 will be required to register for GEN 105, Special Topics in Supplemented College Reading during their first academic year.
Registering for the Accuplacer
There are curently 4 options for taking the Accuplacer at the University of Louisville.
WAIVER (take it for free): Must meet qualifications for free and reduced lunch. Contact Testing Services at 502-852-6606 for verification and scheduling.
IN-PERSON: Scheduled by appointment Monday – Friday between 7am – 5pm. For local students and those without computer access. $15
ONLINE (Zoom): Reserved for out of town students ONLY. Scheduled by appointment Monday – Friday between 7am-5pm EST (Louisville Time). $15
ANYTIME (through Examity): 24/7 at your convenience, including weekends.
- Make sure you have a computer, web cam, high speed internet connection, and private, undisturbed environment to test.
- Go to http://accuplacer.org and click on VERIFY SYSTEM at the bottom of the page to verify your computer meets minimum specifications before selecting this option. If it does, return to this screen and click the link on the next line to request your voucher.
- Click here to request your voucher number before scheduling test. Allow up to 2 business days to receive your voucher. If you haven't received the voucher after 2 business days, please call Testing Services at 502-852-6606 to request the voucher processing.
- After you receive your voucher by email from Accuplacer, you will be directed to the Examity website to schedule.
- You will be required to create an account with Examity and then pay the $25 fee to schedule your future appointment.
- Follow the directions in your appointment confirmation email to log in to take your test.