In addition to the free tutoring that REACH provides for UofL students, we also offer one-on-one tutoring to the Louisville community. This service is provided both on campus, in Ekstrom Library, as well as online through GoBoard.
Schedule a Community Tutor Online
REACH and Tutor Matching Service allows for badges to be issued to tutors based on their qualifications and certifications. We encourage clients to familiarize themselves with each of the badges. Prices for tutoring sessions are based on these badges.
Badges that indicate training and experience:
REACH’s Tutor Training program has been certified by the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) as level 3 (the highest level attainable). Each of our tutor badges (certifications) will be one of the following:
- CRLA Level 1: This indicates that the tutor has been recommended by at least one faculty member for each subject tutored, has received 10 hours of training, and has completed at least 25 hours of actual tutoring.
- CRLA Level 2 (Advanced): This indicates that after completing all requirements for CRLA Level 1, the tutor has completed 10 additional hours of training, focused on supporting diverse types of students and supporting students better within their subject area(s). The tutor has also completed at least an additional 25 hours of tutoring, bringing their total to at least 50 hours of tutoring.
- CRLA Level 3 (Master Tutor): This indicates the tutor has completed 10 additional hours of training beyond CRLA Level 2 (Advanced), which is focused on Academic Support Center operations and leadership within the tutor profession. The tutor has also competed at least 25 additional hours of tutoring, bringing their total to at least 75 hours of tutoring. All Certified Master Tutors have either facilitated peer tutor training topics and/or evaluated other peer tutors. This is the highest level of certification any tutor can achieve.
Feedback and Refunds:
Your feedback is important to us as we constantly strive to improve our services. After each session, TMS will ask you to rate the service you received. This rating is important to other students who are trying to determine which tutor they would like to work with.
REACH and Tutor Matching Service provide a 100% guarantee on the quality of the services provided. This means that you have up to 48 hours after the tutoring session to request a full refund if you feel that the services provided were unsatisfactory. Requests for refunds are processed through TMS.
Tutoring sessions may be held in Ekstrom Library on the Belknap campus of the University of Louisville or online through GoBoard. Your tutor will work with you to schedule the specific location that works best for you and them.
- Transportation to and from all tutoring sessions is the client's responsibility.
- Neither REACH nor the tutors can guarantee any grade based on working with a tutor.
- Tutors are expected to maintain academic integrity.
- Tutors not associated with REACH may post their services on the Tutor Matching Service website. Only tutors with one or more badges from REACH (University of Louisville) have been trained and supervised to the standards of REACH badged tutors.