Graduate Student Assistantships
REACH is no longer accepting applications for the 2016 - 2017 academic year. Interviews for current applicants will be held throughout March and April. Applicants selected as GSAs will be notified beginning March 28, 2016.
Interested in a funded Graduate Student Assistantship for the 2017 – 18 academic year?
Here’s what you need to know:
REACH has up 14 graduate positions available for the upcoming academic year. Some students return for multiple years while they complete their graduate coursework, so the number of openings varies from year to year.
Graduate students can work for REACH in one of four different areas. Each area has unique day to day duties and responsibilities, but many activity area overlap. Read each of the descriptions and job requirements and apply for the areas that interest you.
Before applying, preview the terms and benefits of REACH GSA positions.
- Graduate Student Assistants must be full-time students accepted into a degree-granting program for the full academic year, 2017-18 (fall and spring semesters) prior to receiving a job offer.
- Applicants are required to have earned a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA during their undergraduate career (or most recent full-time graduate semester).
- Applicants need to be available to begin GSA responsibilities August 3, 2017 and be able to continue these responsibilities through the last Friday in May, 2018.
To apply, submit all of the following materials:
- Submit the GSA Application, using either the on-line form (not currently available) or the printed form.
- Send two letters of recommendation
- If you did not receive your undergraduate degree and/or your graduate degree from University of Louisville, send an official transcript of all undergraduate work, and all graduate work completed
- Send a letter of introduction and intent detailing how you can be of service to REACH.
Address and send all application materials to the following:Geoff Bailey, Executive Director of REACH
Strickler Hall 245
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
Timeline and Deadlines for 2016 - 17 Applicants:
- Past - Review the position descriptions, solicit your letters of recommendation, request an official copy of your transcripts (if applicable), write your letter of introduction and intent detailing.
- Past - Submit your application and material by February 10th for Priority Consideration.
- Now - Interviews are selective and will be scheduled Feb 29th through March 28th.
- Now - All application materials (application forms, transcripts, and letters of intent) are due by March 18th. Offers will not be made until both recommendations are received.
- First offers will be made beginning March 28th. Offers to priority consideration applicants and to returning Graduate Assistants may be made sooner in the process.
All questions about the application materials, the process of selective interviews, or other informational concerns, contact us: