GEN103 for College Math
GEN103 reviews Algebra content and math study strategies with curriculum specifically designed for entry-level University of Louisville mathematics courses for non-STEM majors (which require MATH 105 only).
Students receive 1 hour of college credit (elective credit only) for GEN 103.
- GEN 103 meets 2 days a week for 50 minutes sessions..
Course components include the following:
- Computer-aided nstruction based on individual need.
- Topics required for MATH 105.
- Both face-to-face and e-mail communication.
- Homework, both online with computer software and in a printed course pack.
- Mini-lectures and peer group work.
- GEN 103 is open-ended; students can complete their required course curriculum and demonstrate mathematics competency through COMPASS testing at any time.
- A student who is unable to demonstrate competency in one semester will be required to register again for GEN 103 for a subsequent semester and until the student has achieved competency for MATH 105.
- Students can test for possible placement into MATH 105 throughout the semester.
For more information about GEN 103 and COMPASS testing, please see the GEN 103 Flyer.
Questions about GEN103: Please contact Jonathan Watkins, Coordinator, GEN 103 @ email@example.com or 852-8099.